Angleton Texas DWI AttorneyGetting charged with a DUI in Brazoria County Texas is a really serious situation which can result in jail time, fines, loss of driving privileges and more. Angleton Texas DWI Attorney Andy Nolen has more than 20 years experience aiding folks charged with Driving While Intoxicated or DUI. Attorney Andy Nolen has had in excess of 3000 clients and had in excess of 400 cases dismissed. Quite a few of those dismissals have been DWIs. If you have been charged with DWI, there are a few things you should know:
8 Things You Should Know About a DWI in Brazoria County Texas:
1. A 1st DWI in has a maximum jail sentence of 6 months up to a $2000 fine. A 2nd DWI caries a maximum 1 year jail sentence and a $4000 fine. A 3rd DWI is a felony and carries a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison and a $10,000 fine.
2. All DWI's can result in loss of your drivers license and restrictions on your ability to drive. The judge may necessitate that you place a breath device on your vehicle that calculates any alcohol in your system before you can start your car.
3. You may be required to use a SCRAM monitor. That stands for Secure Remote Alcohol Monitor. It is a piece of equipment that you wear on your ankle that determines alcohol in you system. These devices require a deposit and up to $10 a day in monitoring fees. Angleton Texas DWI Attorney Andy Nolen has successfully fought to have his clients NOT wear the device and have the device detached.
4. Your license can be suspended in 2 ways. First, by an Administrative License Revocation or ALR. This is typically where you either refused to blow in an intoxilyzer or blew over the legal limit. The second is by being convicted of a DWI. Your license can be suspended more than once for the same DWI. Angleton Texas DWI Attorney Andy Nolen can help you with both types of suspensions.
5. You cannot get deferred adjudication for a DWI and any conviction for DWI is on your record for life.
6. Any statements you make to a police officer during a DWI stop and arrest will be used against you. You should never admit drinking or even driving for that matter. It is best to say little or nothing.
7. The police can get a court order and take blood from you to be screened for alcohol.
8. A DWI can significantly increase your insurance bills.
Angleton Texas DWI Attorney Andy Nolen can help walk you through the minefield of DWI laws in Texas. DWI is not something that you can contend with yourself. You should not simply plead guilty because you are offered a probation in court. You could be able to get your case dismissed or lessened. To speak with Brazoria County DWI Attorney Andy Nolen, please call 832-480-8951 for a free of charge consultation..